WE ARE HIRING 13/01/2022
Please send applications to include covering letters and CV’s to Kirsty@KarmHomes.com by 04th February 2022
Due to continued exponential growth, we are looking to take on board an ambitious full time Construction Manager to assist in the running of our current and upcoming projects across Dorset/Hampshire. You will need to be extremely well organised with exceptional attention to detail. Flexibility will be key as will your ability to become part of a close team.
Qualifications and requirements
- CSCS card (essential)
- Construction Management degree (preferred – not essential)
- First Aid trained (and kept up dated – essential)
- Full UK Driving license (essential).
You will need good writing, IT and planning skills, keep up to date on the project plans, stating the milestones of each project and keep the Directors updated. Typical duties include (but are not limited to):
- Planning, scheduling and coordinating the project strategy and design, reporting progress and budget matters to the Directors
- Preparing and negotiating timetables, cost estimates, budgets and contracts
- Managing the construction process, supervising all activity on-site, responding to delays
- Collaborating with specialists such as architects, engineers and local government officials for permits and licences, contractors etc
- Managing trade relationships
- Complying with legal requirements, safety and building codes and keeping daily logs and diaries
- Ordering equipment and materials, managing their use and managing the personnel involved
- Hiring and instructing labourers and sub-contractors
- Managing and coordinating labour between sites
- Enforcing safety procedures, minimising risk, ensuring the use of protective clothing, hard-hat, harnesses and other safety equipment
- Attending site & subcontractor meetings
- Overseeing general quality control
Karm Homes are a forward thinking, fast growing residential property developer who have built up great relationships and working practices with trades and mid to large scale local contractors, therefore the ideal candidate must be confident and well adverse at dealing with a range of clientele. We are a close, hands-on team looking for an individual that will enjoy working closely with us to continue expanding our growth and successes.
Salary dependant on experience. Annual leave = 20 days + Bank Holidays.